Going through a Stanislaus Green Team assessment checklist and visit shows that your company or organization has completed green policy and is currently implementing green practices in each area of environmental conservation. These areas include: Solid Waste, Energy Efficiency, Water Conservation and Air Conservation. Completing these practices will show a documented effort that your company or organization is striving to be compliant with California’s AB32 bill. The goal of this bill is to reduce green house emissions to 1990 levels by 2020. The completion of the checklist will qualify your company or organization to be recognized with a “Green Sustainable Business Certification”. It will help market your leadership in Recycling, Policies Practices, Air Conservation and Water Conservation. There are no fees involved and it is completely voluntary.Below are many of the marketing benefits from obtaining a Stanislaus Green Team certification on behalf of the Modesto Chamber of Commerce.
• A Green Ribbon Cutting Ceremony to officially present a Green Certification plaque.
Stanislaus Green Team Process:
• Website recognition on the SGT and Modesto Chamber of Commerce website.
• Featured in the Modesto Chambers Progress (circulation to over 5,000).
• Recognition at SGT Meetings
• Recognition on SGT Printed Marketing Material
• Recognition at Annual SGT Events (Earth Day, Business to Business Trade Show, Arbor Day, Before and After Business hours etc.)
1. Schedule a REACON visit date – You will receive a SGT binder with an assessment checklist. The checklist is divided up into Solid Waste, Energy Efficiency, Air and Energy Conservation sections. The visit takes approximately 30 minutes.
2. Develop a company / organizational green team. Delegate checklist tasks to individual members of the team. Document as much proof as possible for each area into the clear sleeves provided in you SGT binder.
3. After the checklist is completed and section documentation is collected, the SGT REACON team will perform a review. Upon acceptance of the documentation review by the REACON team the company / organization will be deemed certified.
4. A Green Ribbon Cutting Ceremony will be scheduled and a Green Sustainable Business Certification plaque will be presented. We will then market your certification as stated above.
For more information visit our website: StanislausGreenTeam.com.
Contact John Villines: 209.366.3377 or 209.577.5757 Ext. 103,